Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Lovely Day

(nah we def don't fight like the video LOL...we don't fight at all)

33 years ago today, a boy child was born.

No.. he wasn’t the Messiah, or the next president…but he was born for a very special purpose.

The stars had aligned and determined that on May 3rd, 2006, the boy child, now a man, would connect with the person he was destined to be with.

Me.

Sounds heavy huh?

Today is the birthday of the man in my life.

Scribe.

It’s his birthday today. This day will never be the same for me again. May 30th is now one of the most important days in my life. It is a day for celebration, rejoicing and happiness. Tonight, the twins and I are baking a cake, and we have two “3” candles (cause he’s 33 today) and we will sing to him and give him ice cream.

It’s not a limo ride to the hottest strip club. He doesn’t want to go out to a 5 star restaurant or the latest happening club. He got up and went to work this morning like a good man does and has no other plans but to come back home and be with my little nucleus of a family. And we are happy to have him.

I cannot speak enough of the things he has done so far. The changes that have come over me. I just know that we are together…soo together….and that he is the sweetest man I have ever been with…

The most handsome…..

The best Lover (that’s right…I said it…and if yall only knew how much I meant it…Scribe puts every man to shame)

And the most sincere….

I believe the words that come out of his mouth…I believe in every hug he just sneaks up behind me to give…I believe in every kiss he gives….every glance that tells me exactly how he’s feeling. I believe the words he said on Sunday. And the ones I said too.

It’s his birthday today…and before I continue with the rest of my “Tell the world how great Scribe is Monday”…I just needed yall to know how happy I am on this day….because it’s the day he was born….and what a great day for the world…because a loving, caring individual was born…and for that we should all be happy.

I know I am.

Happy Birthday Daddy.


Speaking of which….Scribe met my mother for the first time on Sunday. The first words out of her mouth were:

“Oh, he looks like your father!”

Not my step dad…my real father. I had known I would get this reaction from her. I tried to prepare her for it but she didn’t listen. She said that I always claimed that I met guys who looked like my father but this time I was right. Absolutely right. I guess that’s why I never really talked about Scribe’s looks. I really didn’t want people to think I had some sort of Oedipus complex. But he is soooo fine. Scribe looks so much like my brother Ant that people thought they were twins at my BBQ Monday. They have the same features, almost the same height (Scribe is taller), almost the same complexion (Scribe is a little lighter) and the same build (my brother is a little bigger). But Scribe looks more like Ant’s twin than his real twin Felix.

They played a joke on me. I was working on getting the DJ equipment to play in my backyard and my brother put on Scribe’s hat and came up behind me. He blew on my neck and since I had only glanced back, I thought it was Scribe. I kept saying “Yes, baby? Yes, baby? What you need Daddy?” and then I finally turned around and saw it was my brother. Everybody died laughing. Scribe and my brother found time to have a long talk…similar to the one Scribe had on Sunday with my mother. Stating his intentions and what he had done already and what he planned to do. And how much he cared for me. This made them both feel more at ease with the direction we’re taking together. Because both of them had been on my case for going away with a man I barely knew (as they put it). After talking with him and spending time with him, they both came to me at different points and gave me their approval on the new man in my life. So did the twins.

So yesterday I BBQ’d for 20 people. Not by myself. Scribe was with me every step of the way. I made ribs, jerked chicken, bbq chicken, chopped BBQ (pork shoulder), Spanish rice, salad, and potato salad. Scribe made 3 pans of delicious baked macaroni and cheese (while I was asleep), helped me clean the entire house, went to the store about a million times and helped me clean up my backyard after it was over. We had such a good time. It was cool having the whole family over and seeing him being assimilated into the fold.

As the Borg said, “Resistance is futile!”.

But he wasn’t resisting at all. Scribe was having a great time. I wish I could say that I could tell by his smiles…but since we met neither one of us can stop grinning. And to top it off…even though he was just as tired as I was…he ran me a hot bath after everyone left and gave me a good massage because my feet had swelled and he wanted to make sure that I was rested for work.

Yeah I’m gushing over my boyfriend.

AND???

He deserves it and I am excited to do it.

I wish I could clone him and give him to every one of my dearest friends.

But I can’t.

There was only one of him made 33 years ago on this day.

And that one was made for me.

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker