Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Foot Washing

I just noticed I have been blogging alot lately for someone who's been so crazy these weeks. And I have two things I want to say but I'll save one...I had a great time with Prodigal Sun at lunch this week. He wrote about it.

HERE

Man!!!! I just love him. It's great to see my blog friends in person. I wanted to kiss him all over his face LOL. I settled for a lot of hugs.....We laughed and giggled so much...I didn't want to leave him and go back to work!.....I can't wait till we hang out again bro!

HMMM

This week is Holy Week at church. A lot of activites go on starting at Palm Sunday and leading up to Easter. Tomorrow, Holy Thursday, is the "Foot Washing" and Holy Communion (similar to the Last Supper). I know it should be called Feet Washing but I like to say Foot Washing...cause that's the way Grandma Diva says it. It is a tradition in Pentacostal churches. The story originates out of the Gospel of Luke, chapter 7. Jesus went to dinner at someone's house and this is what happens:

37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.


Who is this who can save sins?

JESUS!!!!!

That woman had faith...and she had courage! Imagine being a prostitute...and walking into a Pharisee's house. If you know anything about the Pharisees...they were the most stringent of Jews. They followed the law of Moses to the letter. We talking about 600 rules in Deuteronomy. The Pharisees were the hardest on Jesus. They loved to question Him on the scriptures and try to trip him up.

This woman went in because she truly believed that Jesus was the Messiah in the flesh, and she wanted to do something for Him. Jesus walked everywhere in Israel. Sometimes He took a boat, but more often than not, He was walking around in thong sandals through dirt and who knows what else. The verse says that she stood over him weeping and washed his feet with the tears. Can you imagine how many tears she shed to be able to perform a feat like that? The amount of sin that she was sorry for, unleashed a torrent of tears, enough to wash Jesus's dusty feet.

Powerful.

Then she took oil from an alabaster box. Alabaster was a very rare stone. These boxes were made from a stone found near Alabastron in Egypt. Meaning she had it imported. This stone resembles marble, but is softer in its texture. Can you think of how long it took her, a prostitute, to save to buy something like that back then? Of course when she broke the top off, that rendered the box unusable for future storage. She brought the best she could to try to comfort our Lord Christ.

So in Matthew 26:13 Jesus said:

"Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her. "

It is a very humbling experience and I cannot wait to do it. I am planning to arrive early tomorrow night (because I missed tonight's service) and ask for the honor of washing the church mother's feet. I absolutely adore that woman. I love her so very much and it would just make my life if I could wash her feet. At the same time....I have to let somebody wash my feet.

I'm nervous.

I mean I have beautiful feet. No corns, bunions, calluses etc. I have toenails on every toe. and you could paint the pinky toe too. It's not a nub of flesh that you fake with some polish...a real nail!

The nails are beautifully shaped and all...and I plan to sneak out of work at 4:30 to go get a pedicure with a French manicure (dang it I have to shave my legs). So no-one can will be saying on Easter morning:

"Oh gurl, did you see Sister Diva's feet?"
" Chile I'm glad I didn't have to wash dem foots"
"I know, I felt bad for Sister So and So!"

No.... I have a problem because ....My feet are highly sensitive. They have really soft bottoms and....

Ok out with it Diva!

Anytime somebody touches my feet I laugh...because I'm ticklish!!!!!!!!!

For some people...caressing their feet makes them excited. A dude sucked my toe once...Did nothing for me...but made him happy.. so.... oh well...maybe it does turn me on a little ;) (had a flashback of DJ Pleasure)

I also tend to laugh hysterically when my feet are touched. I have learned to hold it in somewhat...but when I do that... my legs knock together and I may give a light chuckle or two. This usually makes Peter, my Korean Nail guy, laugh his tail off.

"Oh Deeevaaaaa, I maka you excite.ted huh? No tella your boy.frinn. I down wan him to kick my butt Haha.ha.ha" (said with sinister laugh)

So with my feet...its a sensitive situation.

And tomorrow night, somebody I don't know that well is gonna wash my feet. I don't even know who it might be. Will it be the church mother if I wash hers? That would be cool. Do we have to wash more than one set of feet? What if I get stuck with somebody I don't know?

I'm scared.

What if they moan "Yes Lord" while I'm washing their feet? Will I fall out laughing? (I fall out laughing at the drop of a dime).

And considering that I haven't really had sex since December 9th...(there was a brief 15 min interlude...but that was a waste of sinning...I was so mad I sent him home and told him it was a waste of sin and gas! I'm begging for forgiveness on that Lord!)

What if a handsome man washes my feet? We have to wear all white and I can be a juicy individual.(Ju-saay...Juicy Fruit...I Like it.... I like iiitt) (Sorry..I tend to pop into song like that lol)

I could potentially have a meltdown.

Can you hear them on Easter?

"Gurrrrl did you see that wet spot Sister Diva had on the back of her skirt when she stood up?"
"Yeah, gurl...she so hot she should have been wearing red!"
" Minister So and So barely even touched her feet."
"I always knew she was hot."


Tomorrow is Foot Washing...yall pray for me......

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker