Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Beans on Rice Crimes/ Immigration

I live in the ghetto...I've made this clear already with my talks of doo-doo and such....The block is very Multi-cultural...We have a building full of Yemenites, a few for Mexicans, Blacks and other various Hispanics have carved out their sections of the block....

At times it is embarrassing...like I hate to have anyone come over....My apartment is nice...I live in a rehabbed building where I'm on the first floor....Big 2 bedroom with a backyard.....It's just the people around me....Feel me?

Sometimes ish jumps off for absolutely no reason....and usually in front of my window since My apt runs from the Stoop to the Back of the building....annoying...and mortifying when a orange blogger dropped by....there was a fight with a possible stabbing in front of my window....He never came back.....

But since then they have pulling a "Harlem" maneuver on the block (Ousting the broke Negroes and Hispanics and selling the brownstones to upwardly mobile blacks and whites)...things have gotten real quiet...matter of fact it's been too quiet....

Saturday afternoon when I got home from working overtime....All I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and watch all the shows I taped on my DVR-dizzle.....As I sat on the couch...punching up the Thirteen World channel's special on the "The History of the Number Zero" (which was great by the way) I heard

POP POP POP

My first thought was damn those kids...It's only April 1st...No time for firecrackers...because afterall who is really going to bust off shots at 3 in the afternoon?

After seeing flashing sirens and trucks about 1 minute later...I looked out my front window to see the po-po walking up and down the block with shotguns out and riot gear....I was like

"Damn...______ Avenue done became Baghdad Boulevard!".....

As the cops walked back and forth I thought of my neighbor's three teenage sons who had some trouble with boys around the corner....I thought of my friend's son in the next building who always was in some mess from running his mouth...I thought of the various dudes that hang on my block because their form of employment entails staking out a stoop and exchanging pharmaceuticals for soft funds. I was thankful my kids weren't home... But it wasn't any of the above...

Me being nosy...after they put away the shotguns....I went outside and began to discuss the event with my neighbors to find out what happened....

It was a Beans on Rice crime (instead of Black on Black)...Apparently at 3 in the afternoon...some Mexican dude...rolled up on some other Mexican dudes and shot them....

Gangsta...especially knowing that the cops in my part of the town are of the Rodney King and Abner Louima caliber....How you gonna roll up in broad daylight unless you are the most Gangsta Mexican since the Fall of the Alamo?

Now that's was a crime. And dude was an illegal...he didn't die (because the women would have been wailing and gnashing their teeth)...but his peoples scattered like roaches when the police arrived...because being illegal is trouble...

but do I think being illegal is a crime? NO...

I have been having some conversations on this whole immigration topic...and I have to say I'm on the fence...

First of all, we can't really be mad at the illegals coming over here to work...

Statement one
"They coming over here and working and sending the money back to their country."

You can't really be mad at them for that....Ever since NAFTA got started, there has been a whopping increase in folks coming over the border. The American companies have moved over there for the cheap labor and these folks still can't make it out of third world status....how is America helping them? Yeah they come over here and do jobs that Americans supposedly "don't want to do"...but those jobs don't even pay enough to support Americans.....so just like in Mexico and Guatemala and etc.,...the illegals will do those jobs...live cheaply and send money home to support their families who couldn't make the trip.

I can't really blame them...

Statement Two
"They taking advantage of our benefits"

Come on, really...What benefits? Food stamps? Medicaid? Is it really worth the fuss? I would be using food stamps if I could...As long as there is such a division between those living large and those barely living....there should be assistance....and why should we care if they are receiving government aid in our country when they should be receiving it in their own country from America. As much as the leaders of the free world have raped and pillaged so called "Third World" countries...There should be an extensive payback plan....

Statement Three
"This is our country"

Oh come on, nobody who is in America other than Native Americans can really say that....and there is some question as to how they even got here. How quickly they forget that Mexicans owned half of America less than 300 years ago. I'm glad that they haven't tried to take it back. Can you imagine their army if they rounded up all the Mexican and illegal Hispanics in the country to fight for their land back? It would be so over! They start dropping babies as soon as they are able...It is nothing to see a young Mexican mother with 4 babies..all a year apart...walking down the street in my neighborhood. Now that would be a sight...a massive army fighting for California, Texas (with all that oil)...and so forth....Who's the illegal now?

You want to keep out the illegals...pay them a decent wage at home, leave their countries and stop taking resources that could help them build themselves up to "First World" status. Keep out of their political processes and allow them to choose leaders like Chavez who will uplift the countries. Talk straight with them at the bargaining table...there are plenty of things you could do...

But making it a crime isn't the answer. There are other crimes you could be pursuing.

And yeah...I know we need to keep out terrorists... but I aint seen one picture of an illegal Mexican with a bomb...I seen plenty of them drunk as skunks...but they usually keep they drama to themselves...

Bush really think he's slick...talking bout issuing work visas and charging them $2000 each....With 11 million illegals documented, we talking about a lot of money to refinance that costly war over there in Iraq...Bush smiling and all...but he know he wants the dough... and think of how long it would take for an illegal to save up that much money...shoot he/she may have to send for other illegals just so they could pay the price for one of them to get the work visa...

I don't have an answer...but the problem is as clear as day!

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker