Sunday, December 11, 2005

There's Justice and "Just Us"/ RIP RICHARD

As I sit and wait to hear what will happen to Tookie Williams...I am doubly saddened today because of the death of Richard Pryor. I'm actually too hurt to write something about it..There nothing more than to say...He was the greatest...I will be spending time this afternoon...jacking every mp3 recording I can find of his comedy and downloading it onto cds...so you know what to do... ..DJDiva1973@yahoo.com

As the godfather of conscious comedy...he once said

"There is no justice...there's Just Us"

I am sad about Tookie Williams today. And not just because he's done so much to change around the gang situation...or because he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize because of his humanitarian efforts...I am sad because if AHnold doesn't grant clemency...an innocent man will be executed...

He's innocent...if for no other reasons than:
1. he has always maintained his innocence in the murders...his story has never wavered...
2. The ballistic tests showed no residue on his person
3. The damn witnesses were phony...

But don't take it from my mouth...

You can sit down and read it here.....I mean after the first 10 pages you'll be saying he's innocent too.

I hope he lives...but if he doesn't it wouldn't surprise me...I mean we live in a country where a prosecutor can compare a black man to a Bengal Tiger in a zoo during a closing argument while the defendant is on tranquilizers against his will during his trial....And the man is condemned to death...

If I haven't said it before...Let me say it now...I'm not totally against the death penalty...in cases like Jeffrey Dahmer, the B2K Killer....serial, psychopathic killers regardless of color should be killed period. Just like I think serial child molesters should be castrated...

But in this legal system where they rely on shady witness and bad evidence...as well as crooked cops? Nah..I don't think Stanley Tookie Williams should be killed...

Shit ain't equal enough for me to say it's ok for a white jury to convict a black man...Maybe I'm still going through Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome.....

"There was never a period of time when Africans in this nation were given the permission or the wherewithal to heal from our injury, so the trauma has continued," - Dr. Joy DeGruy-Leary

It's an interesting book...

I'm done..

Labels: ,

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker