Friday, December 16, 2005

I'se a College Graduate

ok I can't believe that this negro is singing 2 of my favorite songs right now

I'm Sprung

I'm in Luv with a Stripper - T Pain

I'll hit you with my current playlist. soon LOL

Yes, I have taken my last class as an undergraduate. Rushed up my last escalator stairs for class ...breathless cause I'm always late...cause I stop to talk to security...or that Asian kid from 20th Century writers...or I was getting a large latte...juggling my bookbag and purse...

My last class with the most handsome professor I have ever taken...well two of them...Professor Watts :) I love you...But Professor Hanley....Man what can I say????

You taught me how to critically read a text...before I read for pleasure...I devoured books...you helped me see style and time and man just everything...I know you may read this blog...And I just want to extend my serious thanks...I may have made googly eyes for the first two classes with you...but I took the last two cause you are just smart as hell man! Maybe a "red" but the coolest dude I ever met. You must know you have quite a following...In the last class...it was so much fun to see 6 repeaters and 4 newbies all watch you like sirens on the cliff....I'm almost tempted to stay so I could take you in Graduate school...But honestly...You are a brilliant man...a force to reckoned with...I'm thankful that you chose teaching as your profession...so I could have a chance to taught...by you....

I made so many friends in the last two years....I never would have thought that I would be saying that my very best friend in school was a tall thick Jewish/Irish man named Micah...29 and also very bright....4.0 average...our talks in between classes....brainstorming and talking about the texts way after classes were over...after our first Shakespeare class together...we contrived to take a fiction writing class and African American Lit together...Micah was unbelievable in that class...Dude...I mean dude...It was FUN!!!!

But I guess that I'm still shell shocked about finally finishing...and on the dean's list once again...it's crazy that my degree will say Feb 2006 and I probably won't get the damn thing in hand until May....but I finished...

hopefully cum laude...we'll see when the transcripts are finalized....but definitely "Thank the laude"

Keep reading Blogger Spotlight...I've added to it....

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker