Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Blogger Spotlight/ Keep Checking

Warning...Keep checking this post for more names...I decided to make this a LONG ONE...and add all names to this list...as many as I can until I'm done...I didn't know my blogroll was so long LOL

Damn if I don't say I'ma do something and end up not doing it...Busy I guess...


But here is the long overdue Blogger spotlight... I decided to just go down the list...with the exception of Man-N-Motion...he's a new read for me...and I have to check out his archives...

E J the DJ (ATL)
The first blog I stumbled upon was EJ Flavors. I was so excited...here was a DJ keeping a blog and he had a radio blog...where he could let folks hear his playlists...I fell in love immediately..His cool mellow jams...Back in the day mixtapes...I tune in every Wednesday for my dose...he's been opening up recently...and showed me that we are more alike than I could have hoped for...he's smart, funny...and extremely talented. I find myself IM'ing him while in the midst of the uploading process...and my main man always has time for me...even at 3AM...EJ inspired me to search for a way to do what he does...and for that sir...I am extremely grateful!

Comment:It may be cold outside...but this is hot EJ!!!! ;)

thanks for a morning warmup LOL...the super must have turned the heat off...but I'm about to warm it it!



Sassywow.. (NY)

My friend. One of my best in fact. Speaking almost everyday for 4 years will do it to you!!! This girl is honest, sweet, smart and loving. Holding each other's hands through the worst times in our lives...have brought us as close as sisters...No matter where I end up...we'll always be in contact. I'm glad I convinced her to blog...I can't really do our friendship justice on the blog...cause she is a real physical friend...but u know I love you...right girl? Her posts vary from club shots to personal reflection...she gives things to think about and things to inspire...A complex individual with the simplest of desires...One of the greatest people I will ever know...I thank God for you Sassy...2003 might have been the end...but you helped me see a new beginning...

Comment: Dang...yall look like yall had fun...Where was I? I know u probably invited me...did I flake out again? LOL

Grayse...(ATL)
I been reading my girl for a long, long time. When I read her post "Dude you're white" I was hooked. I read through her angst with school, work..damn near listened to everything she had to say...she keeps it real...her trials often resemble mine...and she's there with an encouraging word on an IM if I'm feeling BLAH! LOL...She'll check me if I get out of line while talking about race relations...Gently reminding me that it isn't the same throughout her whole race...And I can take it from her...because she is my friend...and she certainly crosses all color lines. I enjoy her voice...although I haven't actually heard it yet...My brother did LOL...I'm looking forward to spending time with her in ATL during my birthday...I know we gonna kick up our heels and get into all types drama!!! And uhm Grayse...I move fast ...so if we see T.I....I will be running like that "HO" in the Boondocks...in high heels LOL....To get to him first LMAO

Comment: similac? BLAH..girl...take some nose plugs...little ones that no one can see...and breathe through your mouth LOL

Nikki (Mississippi)

Nikki is the most intropective, chilled out, consistent sister in blog world. She blogs about everthing. She's tight with her words...and you won't find page long posts like here LOL ...But what you will find are provacative, sincere, and interesting things to think about. I worried about her during Katrina...I was so thankful that she emerged safe..I cried when I read about the recent deaths in her family...she had really been through too much already...However her comback strength is amazing!!! In Nikki...I find someone who is persistent in reaching her goals...while laid back in her everyday life...Nikki strikes a great balance...and Funny? Jeez...her comments here have made me spit out my coffee ten times...I finally realized...I can't drink nothing when reading her responses...and that's cool...cause I sure love them...

Comment:I strained so hard to understand the lyrics to the "1st of the month"...I knew it had to be deep if they named the song after CHECK DAY!!!!

All I could recite was "it's the furst of da mooonth"...My momma thought I was banking on her check...


Prodigal Sun (CT)

My blog brother. He makes me giggle...he makes me think...I'm not sure how he found me...or if I found him...but when these two Dominicans get to chatting...nothing is taboo...I have been able to ask him some real questions...and he has given me real answers...His posts range from completely hilarious...to "I need to hug him today"..Serious and comedic...Prod always delivers! And he keeps up with me too...He'll read the archives and comments...letting me know that he cared about what I had to say...even if he couldn't read it right away...I appreciate that...cause I consider him my friend too...Prod let me know if you need a set of doubles ;)

Comment: sweetie that was beautiful...i am somewhat familiar through Stephen King...so i know what u mean...nice contempory lyrical refrences too...tsk tsk...and u say u ain't a writer *smh*

Miss K (NC)

She was one of the first people to ever comment when I started this blog. She would stop in..leave a kind word and bounce. She made me feel good...I had a reader!!! Her blog is centered around celebrities..but her one pic posts are great...She picks out some good shots...One of these days... in honor of her return to blogging...I will throw up a radio blog with one of her posted playlists...they are always good! I'm sure that me putting her face on an internet milk carton brought her back to us...but whatever it was...I'm glad she's back...

Comment: dumb broad..."I love my baby daddy...I'll never let him go.."

Xquizzty 1 (ATL)

A transplanted NY native living in ATL. This girl is phenomenal. X inspired many of my rants. Reading her gave me the confidence to express exactly what was on my mind...no matter how silly..or conflicted...just to let it out...I found X through EJ...Her OSWs were always on point and I decided to look into more of her as a person...what I found was an energetic body of work that drew me in and I bonded with her personality...It was as big as my own...and through her I was able to bring out my own on my blog...She made me interested in learning code so that I could change around my comments...and to portray my emotions through my comment writing...She was a fresh voice...confident and unafraid..militant and soft and pink...I never pledged...but I would have been proud to have her as my line sister...I guess I'll have to settle for her being my blog sister...

Comment: Yo Son, my chili was better than yours son!

Jeez...U are str8 NY...I just used "son" the other day...and fell out laughing...

Brakes ain't no joke...I also learned the hard way...mira lissen...ju doan wait on de blakes...Ju gotta get dem done as soon as posible!



MIZ PowderPink (NJ)

She found me and left a comment one day. I went to her site and the title was "No Bastard Kids". I laughed. I knew this girl had spunk! Pretty and funny...You can just hear her stamping her dainty foot in disgust. A singer with cheeks of a cherub...her tales of single life are entirely thrilling...Her blog battles are...well..just legendary...I felt like I was watching that old Soda commercial with the female rapper ningas (I joined in...I had to be Amil LOL)...She's a busy girl...with a crazy social life..claims to be a "Fag Hag"...but I would call her someone who takes friendship seriously without regard for sexuality...I'm glad I know her....

Comment: tis the season...they comin out of the woodwork...men r funny...miss u lol...laying hands on the screen lol

Serenity 23 (Baton R, LA)

I looked for her page after reading her comments somewhere. A gentle soul with an affinity for a beautiful shoe ;) LOL...She's part of my little younger sister "baby mama" crew. A lover of fine wine...her tales of social events leave me in stitches. Trying to strike a balance between her spirituality and her personality...strikes a big cord...cause although I don't say it...i'm still struggling myself. Honest about emotions...as well as reality based...her blog keeps me coming back...Maybe if I see her win the battle...I might too...

Comment: As my momma say "Shake the devil off"...Good for you that you recognized that demon for what it was...You fight the good girl!!!!Oh...and them shoes are hot!

Humanity Critic (NY)

This man is really something...Tales of strippers and hookers...as he stumbles his way toward a meaningful relationship. His bravado is huge...but underneath you can see the vulnerabilty. His family tales are hilarious..his momma shining as the beacon of life in his life...Him fighting with the police and in bars are even funnier! I always breathe a sigh of relief when he narrowly escapes incarceration or infectio LOL...He's a great writer...with a high degree of subtlety and nuance...you blink and you might miss some shit that will make you howl...I can't wait to see how he changing when he finds his true love...

Comment: I'm getting Jesus on the mainline right now!!! And tellin on you...Seriously dude...I'm not talking bout your momma...but damn u must act just like her...I wonder if she's related to my momma...LOL

Aquatic Muse (ATL)

Little sis...I found her through Brotha Code...I have to admit...I was a little jealous when he put up a link to her and ignored me...So I wanted to know why...and I'm glad I looked...she hardly has anytime to blog because she's got a great job that sends her all over the place...but she's sincere and deep when she does. She doesn't type anything...if it ain't thought provoking...I like that.. Her poetry is consuming with raw emotions leaping off of every line...she's also a part of my baby mama crew...juggling a single life with the demands of motherhood...but she's honest about it...Recently she said I was her Blog mentor...and I ws floored... I'm glad that my pettiness turned into something wonderful...A friendship with a wonderful little sister...

Comment: a whole month? I would be out every night lol! Go 'head girl with them extra activities....wait...I'm getting jealous...uh Beloved did she tell u where to get one? I want one 2!Glad u back! I took some time off too...but I made myself post

Sway (ATL)

Her blog is named "Perfect Chaos" but its her inner peace that shines. The first thing that drew me in was the beautiful layout. A blog that personal yet unviversal, Sway's life experiences will make you catch your breath. A new love that is absolutely soft and tender, I sincerely love reading every word. Progressive and funny....I hope she recovers from tendonitis quickly...but it'll give me time to read her archives LOL

Comment: I'm sooooooo immensely happy for u...i'm coming to the wedding if i can lol

Mr. Franklin's Place (NY)

A poet's search for love and the meaning of life. Math oriented...yet...the heart of a modern day Whitman. He poses real questions and provides an open, non judgemental forum for us to to discuss. Real issues...we also get a glimpse in to his personal trials and crossroads...Honest and seaching...I think he found me through Prod Sun...And although I thought his tag line"Coming into Reality" had a double meaning...I'm glad I went to find out what it really meant...

Comment: I'm glad you're staying on the East Coast...

LadyLee (ATL)

Damn it took too long to get to her LOL...I love me some LadyLee...Homegirl found me one day...and we been crazy cool ever since. She's smart...what?...you have no idea...with 3 scientific degrees...girlfriend could probably produce a cure for everything! But on her blog she has produced posts that can be personal...but damn her cartoon memories are incredible....For all of us 30 and above...she reminds us of the joys of our childhood...She's funny as hell!!! Posting pics of herself and co-workers playing jacks and bolo-bat at work...Damn I wanna work with yall!!!! As we become closer and learn more about each other...coupled with our instant connection...I have no doubt that I'm developing a friend for life...you can tell my excitement by all the profanity ...but I'm excited about this woman...I love making new friends!

Comment: Oh I love the song ...how fitting...I tell you...that was deep...from the local crackhead(who are always around) to your sister skipping the funeral for some butt...But Goodbye Jeremy...I bet you were a good baby...Now if I can just get mine under control!!!!

Celena (NY)

Another long time physical friend...Me andCelena share a 10 year friendship and we keeping it going...She's the epitome of commitment...to her man, her child and her dreams...She's new to blogging...but already her voice is beginning to sound through the screen...I never knew she was a writer but I'm glad she picked up on blogging...It's hard for me to talk about my "real" friends...because I don't want to expose too much...but we became friends through an association with a mutual friend...and wow...it was meant to be...I'm glad we're friends Celena...

Comment:Oh I am gonna murder you!!! How dare u put up that picture!!!!!!!! LMAO...damn we had fun that day huh? I want that pic!....I love your 100...I read every line...I haven't done one yet...but I will...I could keep commenting...but u shouted me out as the only reader soooooo....LOL

Zeezy (ATL)

Dude is funny as heck. His "Zeezy Awards" had me in stiches...Reading his archives is on my to-do list...cause although he is very close to Milk and Cookies range...his personal posts show a sense of maturity unmatched by men older than me LOL...He stops in erry now and then...and posts sporadically...but hey...don't we all?

Comment:crack-ish...too f-ing funny...tevin campbell looks like Bobby brown with those twisted lips!

Cymple (NY)

She's anything but....complex and giving...she has such a sweet nature. She even asks for forgivessness for not blogging! She claims salvation...and I am inclined to believe her...I certainly wish it for her! A soft spirit...the joy in her life flows through her page...and what a pretty page it is ;) I don't keep up with her like I should...but I do like to check in with her...I am touched by the compassion she's shown me so far...and I look forward to seeing her succeed.

Comment: “anorexic chicken”…I almost died!!!LMAOI usually offer…if I’m looking at dude and I know he probably would leave a measly tip…but then…that would be the last for him too!!!
My best date? This summer…drinks, movie, dinner…It was just beautiful from the beginning to end…*sigh*

FRESH

If you don't know about Crunk and Disorderly yet...ya slippin on ya blog game. Honey dip gets all the latest celeb news and the pictures are totally of the hook. She commented on me once and after that I was addicted to her site...I gave up on most gossip because with her? I knew I didn't have to do it!...Her commentary is just crazy and so on point...she speaks my mind before I can get to the words LOL...She's hilarious.. I don't comment much anymore on her site...seeing the 55 comments before mine...convinces me that whatever I would have thought of ...sombebody has said it already! But the girl is good yall...and should be added to everyone's blogroll...

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker