Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy 73rd Birthday Grandma

Today is my Grandma's birthday!!!!!!

I have so much respect for this woman. Grandma CleanSpirit is a living testimony to God's goodness. She had 6 daughters and 1 son. She has 75 grand and great grand children.

I am the only one who holds her first name as my own. The twins said they will keep the name alive LOL

75 descendants. The last Great granchild named Illyana was born 2 months ago...and most of us Grandchildren are in childbearing age....I had some first cousins over to spend the weekend with me...Cheryl and Alexandria...12 and 13...how do I in my 30's have first cousins as young as 8? Yeesh...My Aunts thankfully are finished...I think...

Grandma is rich...She downplays it...but she's a multimillionare...and she stays that way by holding on to those purse straps LOL but you can hit her for some dough now and then...She has traveled all over the world. Last year it was Africa...before that an Asia tour...before that she did the Christian tour from Egypt to Israel...I could kick myself for not traveling to all these trips with her...But please pray for me that I will be able to honor my promise to go with her to Greece this year...I have so much I could show her...Man...

She owns 14 homes in her hometown...drives Mercedes...lives in a mansion...the twins call it "The Big Red House"...they will be staying with her for 2 weeks out of the summer....I'm gonna see Grandma over the Memorial Day weekend at our denomination's Women's day conference...Should be interesting...

I talk to Grandma every day or every other...and I listen to her tell me the same story over and over...Must be where I get it from...but sometimes she tells me something new that knocks me out...

Saturday she told me of her past...How growing up her parents had a two room house....2 rooms...a bedroom and livingroom/kitchen...bathroom outside...little Grandma slept in a room with her 3 sisters and a brother.....she died laughing when she told me:

"Den Momma upped and had another baby...All of us in that house and here she go having another baby...but she never complained to Daddy about not having no room...she never said a word to him about building another room on the house...Momma pasted a picture of a little 4 room house on the wall with a yard...And she used to stand in front of that picture every morning...then she pasted some little black kids in the yard...and she stood in front of that picture everyday...and she was mumbling something...I know now she was praying...she never said a word to Daddy...well some land came up for sale and Daddy bought it...it was like $100 an care and he bought like 5 or 6...and there was a house on it just like the one Momma had on the wall...I know she was praying for it...and it came true..."

When I heard this story I heard the testimony of prayer....but then I looked how much the Lord brought my own grandmother from..She lives in a 6 bedroom mini mansion...with a little gameroom house built in the backyard with a trampoline and pool for the kids...I told her that her own mother would have fainted at the sight of her house...

Grandma just chuckled and said "Well the Lord is good"

She right...He really is...I am so thankful that I have had her so long in my life...and that my children get to know her and say "Happy Birthday Great Grandma" on a day like today....

Am I'm proud that she can feel good about having someone in church with her...even in a separate place...who will call to pray with her...and discuss church affairs...I was promoted Saturday to Correspondence Secretary of the Womens Department at church and I didn't even know that they had even nominated me...I also joined the Sewing/Artistic Fingers Circle...I can't wait to work with the Seniors...They are the ones who have the most to offer...yet the help in that department is lacking...Lastly I have a prayer in to God that I get a really nice car when I purchase one in about a month...because the Church Mother needs a helper...I mean she is the Senior Woman offical...so why shouldn't she be lifted up?...I Love her to death...She gets around fine on her own...but I think that she deserves to be driven around in nice car whenever possible...so I mentioned it to her Sunday ...and she was delighted...So I have faith the Lord will send me a reliable car to get her back and forth...

I'ma just end this by saying...Happy Birthday Grandma...I Love You

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker