Monday, January 16, 2006

First Black Female President

Happy Martin Luther King Day!!!! I'll never forget the emotion I felt when I visited the museum in Memphis...and I stood where he was shot...if you have never been...you need to go!

I started my new job today...

Do you know who this lady is?

You should...Her name is Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and she's the first female African President of any country. Quite possibly the first African American president ever...I say African American because Liberia was the first liberated African country populated by returning Africans from America...In 1847...you can be sure that the blood had been mixed...resulting in the strange phenomenon that is African American...

You can read about her here...

What I am interested in is her level of faith...See Ms. Sirleaf is a Christian...She swore into office with a Bible...not the Koran...So understanding Christian principles...I will be paying double attention to her term in office...will she follow her male counterparts in kicking out the White colonialists?

Yes I still call them colonialists because they are still there raping these African countries...I paid attention in My African Politics class...I know about the crooked deals and bribes White countries use to receive the lion's share of the profits from Africa's resources....I wonder if she will reject the IMF's attempts to control her country's activities...and if she will deprivatize schools and offer a free education to primary and secondary students...which is also in rejection of the IMF's strict demands in return for loans....I wonder if she will follow Mugabi and kick out the white settlers who own large portions of rich land...

I wonder if she will follow the principles of Christ and sincerely look out for her people...I hope so...if she can make her nation better...she will be a true leader...and perhaps an example of wondrous leadership though the belief in Christ..

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker