Saturday, October 08, 2005

Buried Under Books Part Deux

I’m sickly today. Actually I was last night too. So much so that my delirious behind watched “Civil Brand” last night. Horrible.Horrible.Movie. Lisa Raye and Da Brat should definitely not be in another movie together. It only highlights their individual lack of skills.

I’m feeling sick. Up at 6am on a Saturday during a weekend I don’t have the girls. Crazy! I know what I’d rather be doing this early….My stomach feels weird…I’m dizzy and I have no appetite. Which isn’t good. My mother is already giving me the crooked eye. She said, “Baby, you aint throwing up or nothing, right?” I can’t seem to get through to her that my weight loss of 40 lbs came from eating healthy, plus an abstention from hormones. All she can see is that I’m the second skinniest in the family (Meeka holds that title with her skinny butt)…and it bothers her. But Mommy, I’m good. Well sick…but ok.

AC had to be cancelled. The reasons?…oh so many…but first and foremost…City College screwed me again. Why am I not surprised? I also have ish due in :

Philosophy: 1000 words on Socrates, King and the act of civil disobedience.
Baldwin: Ten pages on 4 topics (And the professor thought my other two papers that I posted here were very good)
Writers of the 20th Century: 3-5 pages, plus a web page
Speech: Monologue from “The Taming of the Shrew” (my favorite Shakespeare play) and a persuasive speech (Sassywow suggested Charities)

So once again…I’m sooo buried under books. Thank the Lord I’m out of school next week. I need to get them finished before I see Harlem again. I know he’ll want my full attention.

I had a looooong IM with Prodigal Sun yesterday. He is so my boy! Check out his site. He seemed awed by my family tree…but while I was breaking it down to him…I shocked myself…we will soon have 5 generations descended just from my grandmother…That is impressive. And she’s only 72. We’re either very blessed or very hot. LOL

So my blog brother…here’s the playlist:

Michael McDonald

1. Michael Mcdonald - I Keep Forgetting
2. Michael Mcdonald - What a Fool Believes
3. Michael McDonald - You Belong To Me
4. Pattie Labelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own
5. Michael McDonald - All In Love Is Fair
6. Kenny Loggins & Michael McDonald - This is It
7. Michael Mcdonald - Sweet Freedom
8. Doobie Brothers - Black Water
9. The Doobie Brothers - Drift Away
10. Doobie Brothers - Free Ride
11. Doobie Brothers - Jesus is Just Alright with Me
12. Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
13. Doobie Brothers - Takin' It To The Streets

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker