Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Strange Fish

Duh na duh nuh

Duh nah duh nah

Water has always fascinated and frightened me. So beautiful on the surface…yet…lurking beneath the delicate lip of a soft wave…

STRANGE FISH

Yes…Diva stuck a toe in….waded…..and got the hell out of the water!

Let me start by letting you know that Philosophy has my head all screwy. We’re finishing up with Socrates and Plato….and if you know them two heathens….they will have you questioning everything under the sun….but with logic…and as Socrates said “The only thing I do know, is that I know nothing.”

Red Flag: Conversation with Wade was a challenge. I’m not being a snob at all when I say this…but the brother was dim. How many times can one say that they love the 70’s? Try 45….divide that by maybe 8 to 10 conversations? Too many times….at first it was cute…because I love the 70’s too…but to be in love with the style of dress and putting up hanging beads in bright garish colors? (Uhmm no)…and worse than that?

He didn’t laugh at my jokes…

Gasp…

Then I found out he didn’t get them…I would have to explain it and then he would laugh…I don’t have that much patience…

Red Flag: He was devastated when I made a remark about Maxwell cutting his hair. He couldn’t believe he had done it and spent about 5 minutes moaning about it. Strange…and you know what I mean

Red Flag: I couldn’t get any info. Like understand me…37, no kids, never married…hmmm…no degree, no car, hell not even a license….What you been doing with yourself? Never been nowhere…ain’t done nothing…for 37 years? He was very interested in my divorce…and although I don’t spill all…he had enough info…but I could hear the anger in his voice when he began to talk about his last girlfriend…UNRESOLVED ISSUES

The only thing I could find out was that he spent a lot of time working in some radical hiphop group called The Movement for Change…He couldn’t give me a straight answer about what they did…I googled them and came up with nothing (Yes I do investigate)..It disbanded sometime around 2002…right around the time he got wrapped up in the CCC…He seemed very impressionable…like when fish follow each other in schools?…Just following the leader? I kept getting that image… He said when the Movement broke up he was lost...but the CCC gave him direction....

The CCC brings me to the end of my little discourse on why he got dumped….

You see…with all of the faults above? I probably would have continued to see him….Cause my dumb ass said…”No he’s not stupid…or if he is I can work with that”..NOT…Brother kept talking about going to school for Word Processing…Who does that?

But attending his church was the icing….on the proverbial cake…

I go to his church last Friday…way out in west bumba(u know the rest) Brooklyn…in the rain…Diva DOWN!!! Church attire of course…There’s about 1000 people in this joint. He was real anal about sitting in the fifth row (he was convinced the pastor made eye contact with him). I knew I couldn’t get up there so I sat in the back. After it was over, I waited to try and find him…We were going bowling afterwards and a late dinner…and he was supposed to sleep on my couch…Ok… 1000 people file past me…No Fish…I look around and Fish is talking to a woman in the fifth row…

How long does it take for 1000 church people to leave? A long time….

So I said to myself “I’ma see how long this motherfucker is gonna take to look for me.” (Yes, I said that to myself in church)

I stood there for 10 minutes and this asshole never even glanced around. What? Are u kidding me? I went up behind him and tapped him on his shoulder…He seemed bewildered…I gave him all of 1 minute to stammer and neglect to introduce me to the woman…turned on my heel…and left the Fish standing there like I had received the Holy Ghost. I told yall I can move quick.

When I got into the lobby…with the ATM and Aquarium (Fish Ministry…funny ass joke…remind me to tell you)…I stopped and thought…Hey…maybe I’m being harsh…so I waited for him…Yes I deserve the “No you didn’t’s”…But I waited…And Fish came right out…so I figured I would tell him why I left him standing there when we reached my car. It wasn’t about the chick…I have plenty of male friends…the problem was…He didn’t even bother to look for me…that’s a no no

Fish spent the time walking to the car to try and explain…I kept silent…I didn’t want to cause a scene in front of church… We reach the corner and there are some women standing on my left…He gets animated and says “On that’s my friend Shirley”…turns to me and looking dead in my face says “Shirley, this is Kate”. My head whipped around so quick, my ponytail smacked the other woman in the face. “Excuse me?” He stammered again and couldn’t remember my name….I looked at the woman and said “Diva, nice to meet you” and kept walking. Kate was name of the woman he was just so engrossed with and Shirley had a nice knowing smile on her face that told me all I needed to know about this Sanctified Gigolo…I did remember the part when he said all softly … “I have a lot of friends at the CCC”…just didn’t put 2 and 2 together….

Silent to the car….driving was a different story. He said “You have an attitude problem”…Ok when I met you I told you my name was Diva….He obviously didn’t know what that meant. I proceeded to tell him six ways from Sunday that he was rude and inconsiderate and dropped him off at the nearest train station. I shouldn’t have…I should have left him in the rain…but I wanted to make sure that he heard everything I was holding.

So there’s been a couple of reconciliation attempts from him…he even admitted he was wrong…but honestly? If he could be that inconsiderate when I was coming to his church?…I could see myself waiting for him for hours somewhere…on a corner…in the rain…while he was having a conversation…Nah…Not gonna happen…

If he’s not showing me enough concern now? I ain’t waiting for later…

I threw that fish back into the ocean…Let someone else hook him.

I don’t play…If you don’t know …now you know…

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker