Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Supermom/ October Chill Remix



Me and Sassywow are going to Atlantic City for the weekend....Thelma and Louise....Guess who I am....We both are overdue for a vacation...Lord I hope we don't get in no trouble...but we probably will....Some gambling, some drinking, some clubbin...big tings...any bloggers up for going? or live in AC? Holla!!!

Blogger somehow managed to lose my post for the October Chill Mixtape…But I’ll include it at the end of the post.

I lied today.


Today I lied on behalf of my baby…It tweren’t a big lie…But a lie nonetheless…

Tatyana has always been a day dreaming child. When she focuses…man…the child is brilliant…but she’s also quite willful….more so than her sister…She shows her emotions easily (like her momma) and can be stubborn (also like mom lol) …She’s been having a problem with her teacher….Teacher asks her to do some class work and Tatyana ignores her until she’s ready….in a Montessori the child stays with the same teacher for 2 years so her teacher is already used to my child. Well, this year the teacher has been yelling at my child.

*eyes narrow*

What?

This teacher has been yelling at my baby and making her so nervous she goes to the nurse because she feels like her heart is racing. What kind of yelling is this teacher doing? This happened last week…and I had a nice talk with Tatyana…But when it happened again yesterday? I knew I had to confront this teacher. So today I didn’t pick them up at the drop off point…I waited in the principal office…Whatever I had to say…was gonna be heard by all of the necessary parties…

I looked that woman dead in the face and said….

“I understand if you are having a problem with Tatyana. At home, there are times where it is hard to get her attention. However, I have a problem with your methods. In my house we don’t scream or yell to get our point across. That is unnecessary and only leads to the child developing that bad habit. My home is quiet and peaceful and if you notice, when you yell at her she looks shocked and nervous (Teacher nods). That is because she isn’t used to it. If you must discipline her, please use a time out or stand in a corner method. It wouldn’t do for her to be scared of you because this might make her unable to concentrate and reach her highest potential under your direction.”

Now I know I lied…I know that I have yelled at the twins before…But honestly? It isn’t often. I hate yelling. And Tatyana really does give a nervous jump if you yell at her…so I use that voice very rarely.

Also? Ain’t nobody besides me, my momma and their father is allowed to be yelling at the twins. Ok maybe a member of my family if really highly necessary…But I don’t think that it is ever really necessary. I really wanted to smack the shit out of Magilla Gorilla for hitting them that one time…but I made sure that La-crazy knew that his wife was under a Final Warning (one time is all it took)…I may be smaller than King Kong…But my ass is fast like Mighty Mouse! She would have been admitted to the hospital where she worked as a security guard for messing with my babies again…with lumps like that wolf/cat in the Bugs Bunny cartoon…”Two or Tree lumps…Pop.Pop.Pop” (I love cartoons)

Now on the flipside…maybe the teacher was agitated trying to call Tatyana to do something…while managing 20 children on her own (the aide was out that day). It may have caused her to raise her voice…And I let her know that I understood her point of view too….

But no more yelling…I made my point clear…She lucky I'm a professional.....

I was my baby’s Supermom today. It felt good.

Now here’s the October Chill Mixtape Remix….

1. Remy Martin - Conceited
2. Chris Brown - Run It
3. David Banner - Play
4. Juelz Santana - There It Go (The Whistle Song)
5. Akon - Belly Dancer
6. 50 Cent - Outta Control (Remix) feat. Mobb Deep
7. Kanye West - Heard 'Em Say (Feat. Adam Levine of Maroon 5)
8. Kanye West - Touch The Sky (feat. Lupe Fiasco)
9. Young Jeezy - Soul Survivor (Feat. Akon)
10. Twista feat. Trey Songz - Girl Tonight
11. Alicia Keys - Unbreakable
12. Kanye West - We Major (Feat. Nas & Really Doe)
13. John Legend - So High feat. Lauryn Hill -
14. Dwele - I Think I Love You
15. Bow Wow ft. Ciara - Like You
16. Missy Elliott - Teary Eyed
17. Jaguar Wright - Sorry feat. Ginuwine
18. Nickleback - Photograph
19. The All - Dirty Little Secret
20. Lifehouse - You And Me
21. Frankie J - More Than Words
22. Eric Benet - I Wanna Be Loved "I feel you Eric...I really do" I keep playing this one over and over

Here are the lyrics

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker