Friday, March 03, 2006

10 Ways To Tell If He's A Fool

Fools

As a child, I went to church every Sunday. An avid reader...by the age of 7 I could pretty much read the Bible front to back. So this was my hobby. The complexities and rituals that we followed usually went right over my head...but the words in the Bible? Well they fascinated me.

Why?

I love stories...and the Bible contained some of the best...and the only ones that I could read during the 6 hours we spend in church. Once I brought a Archie comic to church?...I got smacked upside the head right in the middle of the sermon...with the comic book.

C (my cousin/sister) and I used to play a game...well it was mostly me...I used to hit her with lines from Proverbs...and we would dissolve in laughter...

Lines like:

Speak not in the ears of a fool ( like when we would see folks whispering in church)

A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. (When one of us would get a whupping)

and my personal favorite : A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

But in looking into Proverbs 31...for my own personal transformation....I realized that it had more to teach me....

It taught me to be aware of FOOLS! Lord I don't want to marry a fool...or be in one's company for a long period of time...and the Bible tells me this as well.(Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.)


How can you tell a fool?

1. Acts as if there is no GOD...(Proverbs 14:1 - The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God)

2. Has quick to anger issues ....(PR 12:16 - A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame)

3. Thinks he knows it all....(PR 12:15 -The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.)

4. Has no desire to learn further than what he already knows....(PR 18:2 - A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.)

5. Has an affinity to curse and speak nastily .....(PR 19:1 - Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool)

6. You can't teach him nothing....(PR 24:7 - Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.)

7. He's a repeat offender (ie jail, drugs, cheating with women) ..... (PR 26:11 - As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.)

8. Says every and anything....(PR 29:11 - A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.)

9. Is prone to lying......(PR 10:18 - He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.)

10. WILL NOT LISTEN TO THE WORD OF GOD .....(PR 23:9 - Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.)

As I drew near to the end of this list...I realized that every man I have ever been with was a fool...Pray that the Lord sends me a wise man for my 2nd and last husband...

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker