Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Mixtape : Obama Old School Mix

It's The Monday Mixtape!!!!

This week I was inspired by Barack Obama. He always plays "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder at the end of his campaign speeches. At first it kinda baffled me because Obama is in his mid forties. Then I remembered that it was probably his "Old School" choice. Every generation will have their "Old School" and I shudder to think that this stuff playing now will be the "Old School" choices for my 9 year old daughters (cringe).

So this week I threw together a mix of what I thought would be some of Barack Obama's "Old School" choices for him and Michelle. He may never listen to it...but I'm proud of it. Consider it my little token of love to the man who will be the first Black President of the United States!

Obama OldSchool Mix

Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud) - James Brown
Signed, Sealed, Delievered - Stevie Wonder
For The Love Of Money - O'Jays
The Big Payback - James Brown
Respect- Aretha Franklin
Darling, Darling Baby - O'Jays
Used Ta Be My Girl - O'Jays
Lady (You Bring Me Up) - The Commodores
Got To Give It Up - Marvin Gaye
Don't You Worry About A Thing - Stevie Wonder
Ain't No Woman Like The One I Got - Temptations
Troubled Man - Marvin Gaye
Mercy, Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye
Easy Like Sunday Morning - The Commodores
Wake Up Everybody - Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes


Listen Here:









Download at The Mixtress

Labels: ,

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker