Monday, January 21, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives/Day 6



Challenge Day Six:
"...whatever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31b

Do you recognize and appreciate your husband's creativity? Or do you criticize and
demean his efforts? Instead of negativity, determine to be positive. Perhaps you can
help your husband see that his efforts are an opportunity to glorify God.
Is your husband the "creative" type? Does he have any artistic gifts? What is that
special "knack" he has? Affirm him for his handiwork - a hobby, music, gardening,
tinkering with cars, working with wood, etc. Remember: Even if he doesn't measure up
to your standards, praise his efforts. If your budget allows, buy him a book or magazine that will continue to encourage his special skill or talent.
If you have a hard time finding his "creative side," understand that men's creativity sometimes is related to their work. Find something he does to make his job run more smoothly or something he does that adds value to his work...and let him know that you have noticed.
Make his day...Praise his accomplishments in public, while he is listening.

DJ Diva Comments

My husband Scribe is my biggest supporter. I am also his biggest cheerleader. My husband is one of the best writers alive. Before I met him, I met his writing. It is what drew me in and prompted me to something I never ever did on the internet. I approached him to start up a conversation. I was so drawn by his words that I needed to meet this guy! Since then he has wowed me with poems, sonnets, prose and verse. As a verbaphile myself, I live and breathe the written, spoken and sung word. My husband has dazzled my senses with his command of our craft. At every occasion, I encourage him to indulge in his love. Have created several sites for him to play with and I am always there to swoon in the magnificence of his gift. Now if I can get him to write about sports more often, which I know is his first love and a subject I know he knows better than anything and mostly anybody in the world…he would blow it out of the box. That’s coming because I would do anything to help my Daddy if he needs it. Go Giants.



Prayer Day 6
Pray that your husband will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the culture. Pray that he will recognize and avoid wickedness in his own life, and if necessary, take a clear, strong stand against evil. (Prov. 27:12; John 17:15; 1 Cor. 10:12-13)

Please Lord do this for him in Jesus Name Amen.


It may be hard or easy but I implore you to celebrate his talents. I’m sure he celebrates yours. When I was single and in my first marriage, I was with men who were either outwardly or quietly jealous of me. This created so much strife. Since I have been with Scribe, he has ALWAYS supported everything I wanted to do. From moving for a better life - to asking me to get back into my music because he knows how much I love it and he thinks I’m great at it. So this is for men too, support your women in your lives. There are many talented women on my blogroll and all over the country. Some of you are married to them and even those who are just dating. Be their fan and proclaim them. Single women find a man who does these things, it will increase your love for him. And don’t forget to do it for him.

DJ has left the soapbox and is putting on the headphones (side twitter joke)

Labels:

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker