Friday, January 18, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives/Day Three



Challenge Day Three:
"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19

Love indeed suffers long and is kind. As you consider your Encouragement Challenge, determine today that you will not say anything negative to or about your husband. Speak kindly to him with words of genuine encouragement.
If your husband is considerate of your needs, let him know that you have noticed. Thank him for his kindness and consideration. Thank the Lord that your husband knows how to be both tough and tender.
Sometimes it's difficult for a man to be gentle, kind or tender—especially if he hasn't had role models in these areas. If he's not a considerate person, appeal to him for help without complaining. Let him know that it's hard for you to handle some things alone. Then, when he moves in to help, don't insist that he do it your way. Be glad that he is responding, and express your gratitude.
Ultimately, you can't expect your husband to make you feel more secure, loved, etc.
Remember that only God can meet the deepest needs of your heart.

DJ Diva Comments:
I have been speaking kindly to Scribe aka Flaco. Yesterday, I think he pushed me a little to see what would happen but I didn't falter LOL. I have been encouraging him and showing him lots of affection. That's what he loves the most...he loves affection! He is very considerate of my needs and those of the children. Yesterday he gave them a stern talking to...because they needed it. I sat there and listened to the lecture and just nodded my head in agreement. It was his time to lay down the law in the house and they need to see that we are of one accord when it comes to what we expect as parents. I'm so happy that he takes such an active part in parenting and that he's so eager to do it. The twins respect him and treat him as he should be treated. What kills me is when it's all over and the lecturing is done, he comes to me sad because he hates to come down on them. He doesn't relish being firm or tough, but because they are kids and it is our duty as parents to "raise them up in the way that they should go", it has to be done. I love the fact that I am no longer the only voice of discipline in the house. You don't know how hard it was for me before Scribe. It changed my character and now with the addition of my husband I am a softer, gentler Diva. I'm thankful that my husband can provide both the tender and the tough side. Even I need the discipline sometimes but he tries to be gentle even when he's scolding me. And I thank him for it! I'm also appreciative of the fact that I don't have to handle all of the decisions alone anymore. When I was single, I remember saying to myself that my next husband should be able to take care of things as well as I could. My husband can and I am finally at a point where I can trust him to do it! I'm so grateful for that.

Day 3
Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)

These things I ask for my husband in Jesus name Amen.

When I was a single parent, I used to wonder if a man could actually come into my life and take an active role in my children's lives. If you are married, are you trying to take care of everything? Maybe because you don't trust your husband to get it done or you are so used to taking care of the stuff? If you are single, think about how it would feel to have someone else stand up to the insurance company or the bill collectors. Think ahead about the types of duties that you can pass on to your significant other and pray to God that he has the wisdom and authority to handle it well. It makes a lot of difference.

Labels:

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker