Tuesday, January 15, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives/Intro



One of my newlywed Blog Friends...Eve.(who married Fave: one of my Blog bros)..sent me the most delightful email last night. She invited me to perform the 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives with her. I agreed. As most of my blog friends know, (but she doesn't lol), it's hard to get me commit to something. Similar to Michigan. (Twitter joke to @amneris).

But this I'm committed to. I'm committed to Scribe. To my marriage. To my family. I know I have to be a Proverbs 31 woman.

So I'm going to do this challenge and do the prayers too. I pray over my husband often. Usually he doesn't know about it. For the next 30 days he will. I have not read ahead but I'm sure there are things that I am already doing as well as what I could work on. I don't plan to stop my OST Artist Spotlights or my mixtape playlists but I will be posting these everyday for 30 days. At the end of which will be Valentine's Day.

I invite those married bloggers and readers to join in the challenge and the prayers. I invite those unmarried women to read, participate and if they have questions...to ask them as candidly as they like.

This is what invitation to the challenge said:

We're so glad you've decided to accept the "30-Day Encouragement Challenge" to
encourage your husband! Your decision means that you truly want to be a blessing in
your home. This challenge will also result in spiritual growth in your own life.
We'd like to encourage you to keep track of what God does in your marriage over this
next month. We hope you'll take time to share what God does in your home as you
bless and encourage your spouse.

This is the Prayer Request:

“She does him good….” Proverbs 31:12a

Bless your husband by praying for him!
The Apostle Paul instructed all Christians to pray for one another (Ephesians 6:18). This includes wives’ responsibility and privilege to pray for their husbands. Earnest prayer for your husband is good for him, for you and the spiritual health of your home (Proverbs 31:11-12). Satan desires to destroy your husband, especially his character and his leadership in your relationship. Trust God through prayer as you daily surrender your husband and marriage to the Lord’s wise, loving care.


Good Luck to all the Participants present and future.

Day One begins 1/16/08 for me.

Thanks Eve!

Labels:

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker