Thursday, January 17, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives/Day Two

Challenge Day Two:
" . . . through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b
How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? Was it easy? Was it hard to hold your tongue when you wanted to say something negative? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up start again today!) There are so many practical things you can praise, if you look for them.

Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength.

DJ Diva Comments:

This is day two and I have a bit of a commentary because the subject matter is one thats dear to my heart. Primarily because I have been writing and praising about the things that my husband does for me since we been together.

My husband constantly serves me and the twins. He makes dinner almost every night. I'm a good cook but for some reason we like his food better. On the weekends, because he knows I'm tired from driving us all week, he does whatever running around needs to be done. It's never hard to talk to him about what needs to be done. Often he'll do it before I even ask him.

It takes a strong man to be as unselfish as my husband Scribe. To do it without a million complaints is next to amazing. I remember that in my last relationship I couldn't get that negro to take out the trash. Once he watched me from the window as I shoveled my car out of a blizzard! Not my husband! He enjoys to see me relax. That is a blessing in itself.

A couple of days ago he brought a new laptop. It wasn't part of our budget and lord knows we could have used that money LOL...but I didn't argue with him. I did not berate him for buying it without discussing it with me. This man hands over his entire paycheck for the upkeep of our lifestyle and inside me I knew that he deserved something, anything to help compensate for the fact that he gives his all.


Prayer Day 2
Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)

This I ask in Jesus Name Amen.

Often we (as women) think about all the things that we bring to the relationship. While we are single, we have a list of all the things we expect a man to do for us. Some of us have a concrete list and there will be no wavering from those demands. And that's cool ... because you want what you want. But do we stop to think about the fact that because the man is doing said things ...this creates relaxation or free time for us? I remember writing a post about how happy I was that Scribe was doing this or that. I also remember a good friend of mine saying "Why are you praising him for what he is supposed to do?" It is out of love that Scribe does for me and the twins.. not because of what he is supposed to do. And for that both he and God need to be praised.

Labels:

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker