Wednesday, January 16, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives/Day One

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
Day One:

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Proverbs. 31:11-12

To refresh your memory . . . here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge: for the next 30 days:
• You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
•Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband. . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!

To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.
One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

DJ Diva Comments:

This is actually easy for me. Every morning I give my husband positive feedback on himself. It's become somewhat of a ritual for him to show up in the door of my bathroom while I'm getting ready and I compliment him or give him advice. Mostly it's the compliments. My husband is so fine and I'm sure the chicks at his job know it! He dresses in suits and ties everyday and his hair and beard are always trimmed perfectly!

I am thankful that he chose me. I am a very blessed woman for that because I'm sure you've read my disaster dating stories from 2004-2006. He thinks I'm absolutely beautiful no matter the day or time and he makes sure to tell me so. I hope he's confident in my love and his attractiveness to me. I hope he knows that I ALWAYS have his back regardless! I'm so glad I'm his wife!

Prayer -Day One

Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)

All these things I ask for him in Jesus Name...Amen

So this was Day One. I fulfilled part of the challenge by telling all of you how I feel about him and how special he is. I hope that you guys are enjoying this. I encourage the single women to think about ways they will encourage their future mates and how they can make him feel important. First thing in the morning! Also, how important his choice is in picking you for his future wife.

Labels:

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker