Monday, January 21, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives/Day Five


Challenge Day Five:
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for
necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." Eph. 4:29

Another way to describe the positive side of this "30-Day Encouragement Challenge" is
by using the word "edify," which means, "to build up." Negative comments only
discourage and tear down. Positive comments encourage and build.
Do you edify your husband before others, adding to his value in their eyes? This is
especially important to other family members. Do you praise your husband to his relatives, and yours? Does your husband's mother know how much you love him? How about your dad? Perhaps you can drop a word of praise into a conversation or letter. Be creative in letting your relatives know that you respect your husband, love him, and support him - in spite of whatever flaws and weaknesses he may have.

DJ Diva Comments:

Once again, a reinforcement of beliefs that I already hold. During our courtship and engagement, there were many negative things said about Scribe. I won’t go into it, but it hurt because the person instigating it was closer than close to me. I never turned my head or agreed with this person because I knew that the things said were not only untrue but completely unfounded. This hurt me and Scribe so much. Did I eventually agree with this person? Or start to doubt my husband?

Never.

Scribe is who he was then as he is now. From the minute I met him 20 months ago, I have extolled his virtues and his actions. I’m never going to stop so folks need to be used to it by now. I praise him to everyone. People he don’t even know. His family. My family. The bloggverse. Everyone knows how much I love Scribe and I’ll never stop telling. We also made a commitment to not blog about arguments or disagreements. I have honored that and he has too. What’s the point? We always solve our minor disagreements and neither one of us is ever leaving each other so the point would be moot. I am also happy to say that after our nuptials…al the bad mouthing stopped. Now Scribe is one of the most loved in my family. They often ask for him before me. God really can work out all things!


Prayer Day 5
Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)
Jesus I know you put this in his heart already. I pray the Enemy will not take this away from him. Amen

When I was single I had a very bad habit of discussing every negative thing that happened in my relationship. When I was unhappy, everyone knew it. Now my husband is my best friend. If I have a problem with him, I go to him. If we have an argument, I’m not on the phone telling everyone the details. Most times, people won’t even know until months later when I’m using it as an example of communication and /or conflict resolution in a specific case. I ain’t never leaving him so why does anyone besides me need to know how I felt at that moment? Single ladies and married women, if you do this, start to examine why, if at all, does anyone need to know all of the negative parts of your mate’s traits. See how it may look to the people you are telling and to your mate. Think about the fact that when you are not angry anymore, these people have now been privy to some pretty disparaging facts about a simple argument and may not be able to look at your mate the same afterwards. Is this fair?

Labels:

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker