Monday, January 21, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives/Day Four


I took the weekend off LOL

Challenge Day Four:
"...let him labor, working with his hands what is good..." Eph. 4:28

We are all accountable for the things we say, both negative and positive words. Have
you embraced the challenge to speak only positive things to your husband and to others about him? Here's a suggestion that touches the core of your husband's world.
Some women take their husband's career for granted, and they show it in many ways.
Do you "dump" on your husband at the end of the workday, or do you strengthen and
encourage him with your words? A wise wife will make her husband feel that she values
and appreciates his work. Let him know that you are glad he is a hard worker. Take
opportunities to praise his diligence and resourcefulness to others.
If your husband is out of work, unable to work, or refuses to work, you'll need to be more creative. Praise him for a character quality that you see in him that would be a vital part of a successful career - such as persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills, good with people, good listener, determination, etc.

DJ Diva Comments:
I have embraced this challenge but it's not really a challenge...it's a reinforcement. My husband and I hold very similar jobs. We carpool so in the morning we talk about our impending day and on the way home we talk about the things that happened at work. I know all of the major key players in his work life and he in mine. At the end of the day, everyday, my husband knows he has a listening ear waiting for him in the car. He can talk about details and be assured that not only can I follow what he’s talking about, I also very much want to hear it. We talk about ways of dealing with people and our positions. We are very real in the way we talk and we don’t hold anything back..even if it shows us in a negative light.

I’m happy that Scribe and I can do this. It is an opportunity to give him the praise that he won’t get at a job. But with me, he knows that I think he is awesome at what he does, I know how hard he tries, and that I know why he gets up and does it everyday. For our family! During 2007 there were times that he was out of work. Although others tried to put him down because of it, I knew that it was a matter of time and location. I never once spoke negatively about the situation to anyone or to him. There was no need to. I knew he wasn’t out of work because he didn’t want to. I also did not force him to take a job he didn’t want because others said it was what he “should do”. I was patient and we prayed. In the end he got the job of his dreams and is once again taking care of his family very well. How’s that for believing in him and in God?


Prayer Day 4
Pray that your husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and providing for you. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially, so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)

Lord bless him with this and more in Jesus Name Amen.

There were times in my single life where I dealt with men who were out of work. I made hard choices back then, to let them go and resume my dating life. I also was able to look at each situation clearly and assisted the men in finding employment according to their skills. When I realized that working wasn’t what they wanted, I let them go. Single ladies and married women, there is never a guarantee that your boyfriend or husband may not one day be unemployed. The important thing is the work ethic that they have and this will determine whether one day they will be back on top. If you realize this, have patience and encourage him. It is God who giveth and taketh away.

Labels:

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker