Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday Mixtape : DJ Diva's Birthday Disco Classics

Hey Everybody!!! It's time for the Monday Mixtape!

It's MARCH!!! That means it's my birthday month! This Month I'm turning the big 3-5!

My musical lifespan includes 4 decades of music starting with the 70's. I'm proud to be a 70's baby LOL.

So we starting the month off with some of my disco favorites. My parents were hustle fanatics and my father was the Dominican Hustle King of 135th and Broadway! That me with my disco daddy! In the seventies and the early part of the eighties...everybody did the hustle...and if you weren't fly with it? I've been told they quickly shut you down on the dance floor! I still do the hustle. My cousin C and I usually end up doing it at family functions, to the delight of our younger generation who weren't as fortunate as we were to see it up close by Pros. I didn't include Van McCoy's "Do The Hustle" in the mixtape ....but I have a video to show you what it was like if you don't know!!!







I'm gonna follow it up with the REMIX on Thursday so if you don't hear your favorite...don't be discouraged! I hope you all enjoy it and don't forget to give me some birthday love this month!

Cherchez La Femme/Se Si Bon - Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band
Native New Yorker - Odyssey (DJ Diva Theme Song)
Love To Love you - Donna Summer
Love Hangover - Diana Ross (DJ Diva Karaoke Song)
Dim All The Lights- Donna Summer (DJ Diva Karaoke Song)
Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston (DJ Diva Karaoke Song)
I Love The Nightlife - Alicia Bridges(DJ Diva Karaoke Song)
More Than A Woman - Bee Gees
I Just Want To Be Your Everything- Andy Gibb
He's The Greatest Dancer - Sister Sledge
Boogie Nights - Earth, Wind & Fire
Second Time Around (Extended Disco Mix) - Shalamar
All I Do - Stevie Wonder
Love Is The Message - MFSB & The SalSoul Orchestra
Love's Theme - Love Unlimited Orchestra

Listen Here:







Download at The Mixtress

Labels: , ,

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker