Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hodge Podge

Banging In

That's what us union members would call calling in sick when I worked for the Hotel Union. I did it today. Twins weren't feeling well ...and I wasn't either. I have talked about how this is busy season at my job. It's exhausting. I have worked overtime throughout the week...often don't eat lunch until 2 or 3 (I start at 8)...and it's a burger on the run...scarfing it down as I drive back to the job...to be there....for some really kooky individuals....I support a group of Macbeth's "Toil and Trouble" Ladies headed by a cool guy....During my "Go.a.l" session...I looked him in his face and told him if it weren't for him I wouldn't be there. Dang...I still can't believe I said that...but I try to tell the truth as often as possible....

Back that thang up!
After being in several accidents...coupled with the fact that when I was giving birth to the twins...the doctor broke the epidural needle in my spine....I ended up having a spinal tap where they took blood out of my arm and put it in my spine...as a result I have scar tissue in the area...the small of my back....

I have been through physical therapy...but I still have pain....I worked every day for the last 10 days...I guess I pushed myself until my body broke down....

I'm glad that it isn't that far until June...

Bring a child up in the way it should go...
I'm going back to church this weekend...convinced somewhat by a church member I saw at my hairdresser...I missed Annual Men's day this year because I was at work....but Annual Youth Day is coming up....the twins need to be a part of the ceremony....So I'll be going after work Saturday to take them to rehersal....they will be a part of the group saying bible verses from A-Z...and a part of the youth choir....I'll take my crocheting and knitting....I have some scarves and hats to make before the winter comes....

My Daddy

I still have the coolest, greatest boyfriend ever! I didn't jack his post today...That would have been a bit much....but he says such wonderful things about me...and our relationship.....my children.....and every word of it is true....As two individuals who have been on this earth for 33 years...we each have our own way of doing things...and breaking points....but we can communicate and compromise through it all....We fuss....but we agree on how to fuss...He takes great care of me and the children....all of us are so comfortable in the idea of "us" as a family....I don't what or who would ever break that apart....I really love that man Scribe...


Planes, Trains and Automobiles..
I had a huge period of anxiety when I heard about the plane crash down in the city yesterday....I just knew it was 9/11 all over again....I hate this neighborhood I live in....I can't wait for the day when I drive home from work up into my own driveway and the only noise I have to hear is my own children or husband's footsteps...the music blasting will be my own...No envious neighbors on my porch...watching my every move as I walk into my house...No bad ass kids congregating in the hallway because it's too cold to be outside...That's coming soon I know as the temperature drops...but I got something for them this year....

I might have to do as I was told and start taking the train again into work...the driving is getting to be too much and with bad weather coming I am dreading it even more....

I guess that's all for now...those of you who know a word of prayer...say one for me and my family....

Site Meter Who Links Here
eXTReMe Tracker